Tuesday, 25 December 2007

My Enchnated X-mas and all the food!!

On Friday I left work at lunchtime, took the train to the ariport and flew to Copenhagen, took the train back to Sweden - to Malmö, where I got picked up by my brother and his girlfriend. We all went to my parents place in Ystad. There my sister and her boyfriend was alredy waiting. 
It was our Christmas eve. We ate some good food, no Christmas food... played a board game, had lots of fun and opend our Chirstmas Gifts. We went to bed rather late - or early in the morning. 
After a few hours sleep and a big breakfast all the "kids" left.
I went to town to meet with a friend of mine I haven't seen in a long time. She is from Värmland where I stayed before, and was down here for Christmas since her husband comes from here and have his parents in the area. It was lovely to see her.
On Christmas Eve, yesterday, me and mum and dad had a great lunch with all the herrings, eggs and other great dishes for Christmas - and the SNAPS of course. At 3pm we parked in front of the TV, as we always do on Christmas eve in Sweden, to watch an hour cartoons. But this time we just got to see about 50 minutes, then the power went off!! The whole neighbourhood was dark! We lightened lots of candels and found a radio to put new batteries in, and had a great time. The power came back after about an hour. If it wasn't for the fact that it gets very cold when the power is gone, I wish it lasted a while longer!! But it didn't really mattered that much, we kept the candels burning... 
Later in the evening we continued the Christmas table - this time we served ham, meatballs, sausages, cabbage (red and brown), liver sausage all together with beetroot and different kind of mustards. Everything was ended off with the rice pudding.

The 25th is alwas a kind of slacky day in our house. So even this year... The only thing we did was me and my mum went to the movies. We went to see "Enchanted". Such a lovely movie! Sweet, funny, great and... well - go see for yourself!!

Well, that was my Christmas - a great slacky couple of days! Great, but I have to admit, I miss the Christmas I had last year... sunny, warm, with a swim in the Atlantic Ocean, the whole family together in my paradise - Cape Town!! 
Let's see where I spend Christmas next year.... =) 

Yes, all my swedish readers, this time I am to tired to translate........ you have to do with my english version!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wahlen goes blogging....