Monday, 07 November 2011

Home sweet home

As I said we spent a few hours in the lounge at Brussels airport, it was one of the best transfers I've had at an airport. It was quiet and nice, we had free access to refreshments, snacks, drinks - everything from tea and coffee, juice and soda to wine, beer and spirits. There was also free internet and of course more comfortable furniture than out among the shops and gates.

When it was time to board we went down to our gate for our 1 hour and 15 minute flight to Copenhagen. Time for new snacks because we flew so-called "flex". Not the best I’ve tasted, but free.
Once in Copenhagen, we got our luggage and went out. It was time to wave good bye to my travel companions and thank them for a wonderful week. They went on to take the train across the water back to Sweden, while I pulled the luggage tag on the suitcase and went up to the counter to check in and get a new one. Tried to make an earlier flight to Stockholm, but everything was fully booked. So it was another wait for three hours at Copenhagen airport. Found a nice recliner and sat down to read my book. After a while I dropped the book in my head and realized it was a risk to sit there and fall asleep. Time to walk around to stay awake.


The flight took off and landed when on schedule. Also on that flight, I was invited to a snack, which actually tasted good.


Got my luggage out, and with the long leg first I took off to the train station. Missed a train with about a minute, but luckily there was another just minutes later. The last leg of the trip started. On the way, I called for a taxi to avoid walking home in the cold. Instead I got to stand out in the cold and wait for the car. The driver was kind enough to turn off the meter just before we arrived as compensation for them being late. Thanks!

Unlocked the door and stepped into my own home almost exactly 24 hours after we left the hotel in Serrekunda, then I had been awake almost 36 hours! Tired, happy after a wonderful week and happy to finally be home I was just a short step from my own bed ...

I feel wonderfully refreshed and with fully charged after a great week of sun and warmth!

"Just what the doctor ordered!"

THANK YOU Mom and Dad for a wonderful week!


PS. You can now find pix at: https://picasaweb.google.com/carwahl/GAMBIA2011

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wahlen goes blogging....