Sunday, 06 April 2008

Great White and more...


For some reason I never got to continue the stories from my trip to South Africa after the balloon flight. Sorry about that. I will now give you a short summary of my last week in Cape Town.
My last week in Cape Town was filled with great events. The Nedbank National Champs started in Stellenbosch and I was there to see some friends. It was great seeing you all. Sorry I missed a few. I'm also sorry I missed the finals on Friday, but I had no chance to get to Stellenbosch. I was stuck at the TAX Refund office for hours... It was more than me leaving CT that weekend.. However I got to be there twise and I'm very happy for that!
I also got to go to "work" and say goodbye to the people there. 

But, there was one thing I did that last week that was extraordinary!! I went to Gransbaai to meet eye to eye with the Great White! And I did!! A sat in that cage in 11° water for what felt like forever... just waiting! But hey, it was worth all the waiting when that great big shark came straight towards us and swam very close to the corner of the cage where I stood!! What an experience!! I saw lots more shark from upper deck on the boat later! I'm so glad I did that trip!!

On the last Saturday, me and Ali took the four boxes of clothes that me and my colleauges send and went to a shelter in District Six to donate them. It was a great feeling to do this donation to people that really needed the stuff we cleaned out of our closets!! Thank you all!
That same night we went to The Barnyard Theatre and the show Sixty Something. What a great show!! We had a fantastic time. I went to bed 2.45am and got out of bed again to go to the airport at 4.00am. It was time to go home...
There couldn't have been a better way to end my fantastic time in CT.

After a long journey and an almost missed flight in Frankfurt I closed my own door behind me at 2 am Monday morning. 
Five hours later I'm back at work... and everything is back to normal!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wahlen goes blogging....