Sunday, 23 March 2008

Ballooning in the Winelands


It's been a while. I'm still in Cape Town doing loads of great things and having lazy days in between... Just enjoying myself soo much!
Have to tell you what I did this morning. I went ballooning over the Winelands of Paarl. That was amazing! It was my first time in a hot air balloon. 
The day started already 04.36 am when I got the wake up call and the
 final confirmation that we are flying. I got out of bed and drove to Paarl where I met the pilot, his crew and the other passangers. We took off out to the farmlands and found a nice spot to take off from. everyone helped to prepare the balloon. Well I must admit I did take photos most of the time, but I was the only one there without a following person. So I think I might be excused. I did help too.. 
When the balloon was out on the ground it was filled with air from the help of a fan. The air then got heated up by the burners and the balloon started to rise. 
We sailed in the air for about an hour, watching the fullmoon, the sun rise, the spectacular surroundings, the animals below us and it was all quiet, exept for an odd puff from the burner... So lovely!!
We landed and again helped to get the balloon packed up and
 back on the trailer before going for champagne breakfast at a nice hotel in Paarl. 
What a lovely day!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wahlen goes blogging....