Friday, 14 March 2008

First couple of days in Cape Town

Hallo my friends. 
I have now spent close to a week in Cape Town. Crazy how times fly...
This first week, or I prefer to say couple of days, cos it doesn't seams to be as much, has been great. I got my self a car, so I can drive around the surrondings. It is scary how easy it is to adapt this time. To the traffic, leftside driving! To the language and to find my way in the cupboards in the house... It is like I never left... and maybe I didn't really leave!
These days I have tried to plan some tours that I would like to do. Hopefully I will be able to do most of them. Lot of the tours has a minimum of four people in a group and that is kind of hard to fulfil when you are travelling on your own. So now I'm busy waiting for the travelagancies to get back to me with details and to sey if there will be a tour or not. Let's wish for the best.
What I have done this week is quite a lot. I went to the finish of the big cyceltour Argus on the Sunday I arrived. On the Monday I got my car and went to the Tourism Office to get some information to work with. On Tuesday I got back to town to change the car... long story... On Wednesday I visited the company I worked for down here earlier. While I was there I left the lights on on my car, so I neede som help to jumpstart it to be able to get back!! I have had sushi at my favourite place, I have had calamari tubes at Ocean Basket, I have walked on the beach... I have even been to the Paschal Meal. 
AND - I caught this bad cough that I'm now busy trying to get rid off again!! 
This Friday will be a quiet one. I will stay home, watch TV and try to get rid off this cough of mine.
I'll get back to you when I have been on one of my tours, to tell you all about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wahlen goes blogging....