Thursday, 04 December 2008

Turn on the lights please...

This morning I was very tired and a little late. Got to bed too late last night - again!!
The car is in for service and I had to go to work. As I mentioned I was a bit late and it takes me about 25 minutes to walk to work. I wasn't too worried since I my working hours are pretty flexible.So, I got ready for my morning walk. This time of year it is a mission to get ready to leave the house. It is cold; you need lots of warm clothes. It is dark; you'd better make sure you are visiable. Use reflectors!! Please!
Dressed in a heavy jacket, hat, gloves and a reflector vest I came out on the street and realized it was wet, a small rain - but NOT frozen! Wow - I could take my bicycle! I had put the bike away for the winter, but today was good enough weather for riding my bike to work. I got back up to my flat to fetch my bicycle helmet, down to the basement to get the bike and of to work. 
It was now about 7.15 am and it is pitch black outside and with the rain it gets even darker... if possible!! 
When I talk to people living in other parts of the world, who doesn't get this darkness they often ask if it's not hard and depressing. Normally I don't mind the darkness that much. I'm used to it and in a way it is rather nice when the dark days come when you can sit inside and light up a bunch of candles. But this morning it was darker then dark and pretty boring.

The sun was suppose to rise behind all the clouds at about 8.35am this morning. And when the world started to appear outside the window it was a surprise. It was snowing!! It kept snowing for a while and that lightened up the world around us a bit. At 3.45pm the sun set again and we were back in darkness. The snowfall had stopped and it got colder.
When I left work at about 6.30pm it was as dark as in the morning. The snow had turned into ice and it was VERY slippery!! I had to take my bicycle and WALK back home! In the
 dark!! 

We really need some snow now to lighten up our world! 
I'm very happy that I'm off to the sun in a few days time!! =)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Wahlen goes blogging....