Sunday, 14 December 2008

That was Christmas...



Ok, I have now done my Christmas for this year. This week I hve been to two what we call "julbord" (straight translation "Christmas Table"). That is a traditional Swedish Smorgasbord [ˌsmœrɡɔsˈbuːɖ] Christmas Style. In other words - more food then you could ever eat and still feel good afterwards.... This week I learnt that you "should" eat seven, yes 7, plates of food at at a julbord!! I don't think so....
It all starts with "the cold". That means herrings in lots of differnet sauses, salmon in lots and lots of ways, different kinds of meat and sausages and the traditional Christmas Ham.
After the cold comes the warm - tha is more sausages, now a different sort, meatballs, fish, ribs, Jansons (a potato dish with anjovis). After the warm food comes the deserts.... That table is soooo big and only loads of sweets of differnet kinds... And all this you have to eat at one go!!! Luckely there is the snaps to help!!! =)




Two of these julbord in one week is rather hectic for my tummy!!
The second one was a favorite since it was at a fish place, so most of the food was fish!! Lovely!



These two julbord was my Christmas this year.
In two days I leave this country with snow, cold and darkness for some sunshine!!
I hope to be able to send some news from there, but I can't make any promices...

MERRY CHRISTMAS
and
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wahlen goes blogging....