Saturday, 04 June 2011

Days of water

It was rather hard to wake up this morning. When the alarm went off I wanted to stay in bed, but since I had an appointment with a group of very clever creatures I had to get going. Fueled up with pancakes and juice and off I went. I must say I’m happy for my experience of “Africa Time” … cos I have need for it here.

So I went to Dubai Dolphinaruim. Maybe not what I would have chosen my self, but when the guy from yesterday suggested it I thought: Why not? Lets do something different. And it was a good show, seals and dolphins jumping, singing and playing around. It was me and a lot of kids and their families.

After the show I went for a stroll around Creek River Park in the heat. Trying to find as much shade as possible under the palm trees. Every here and there I passed this signs saying “Refreshments”… but whenever I came to the kiosk it was closed… like walking through the desert and seeing water, but when you get there it was just a vision.

After a walk in the heat I had lemonade at the Dolphinarium while planning for the rest of the day. Plan was to go to a mall where it was cool. I got a taxi, and just as I walked in to the car I changed my mind and asked him to take me back to the hotel. Why should I go to a shopping mall when I’m not even a shopper – and has another mall booked for tomorrow?

Back at the nice and cool room I had a rest before I put on the training clothes and went to the gym. After a good workout I relaxed on the roof by the pool. Not in the pool though since the doctor said I wasn’t allowed in the pool due to my eye… For the first time since I arrived I felt cooler winds blowing up there. Nice!!

For the evening I was booked into a Dhow Cruise on the Creek. Got picked up – a little late as usual, and after picking another couple up we headed for Al Khor and our boat. It was a pretty dull arrangement. We sat on the boat and got entertained by a very bad magician, the spoke Arabic or Hindi or something all the time. Later, dinner was served. Nothing fancy, but not too bad. I would have thought that there would be some kind of guiding of where we were and what we passed, but nothing – just a dinner on the boat. At least I had good company. Shared table with a great couple from Durban.

We can call this the day with water theme… let’s see what tomorrow brings!

I'll try get the pics to work now. If the link doesn't work try and copy paste the adress from yesterday.

PHOTOS


No comments:

Post a Comment

Wahlen goes blogging....