Monday, 06 June 2011

Lazy-Day

This morning a year ago, I landed in Johannesburg and was invited to bubbles for breakfast, and it was the start of an exciting adventure!

Today is the last day of a new adventure. It will most probably be no bubbles this time, but that's fine. I don't do much today. Took a long and nice sleep in. Dragged myself down to breakfast just before it closed and then before it gets unbearably hot in the heat, I went up to the roof. When the sun was at its highest and the water bottle was empty I was overcooked and went back down to my room - I made sure to keep it for the day. However, the key stops working at 12 when it is actually checking out. So, not too fresh in my ceiling-clothes I had to go down to reception and get my card activated again! So much for respectable outfit! Well, atleast I wasn't naked...

It was nice to get into the cool room again. Will stay here for a while now when it's so hot outside. Then it's time to start packing and return to reality.
Have a few hours to "kill" between the time I leave the room to when shutteln to the airport leaves. Thinking of taking a trip to a shopping mall nearby that is filled from floor to ceiling of just electronics, cameras, computers and that kind of stuff ... Not that I plan to buy anything, but because it can be a great experience and that they have AirCon there! HAHAHA!
If I don't go - I will be probably pay the roof another visit to try to change the color even more ...

I must admit I can think of worse ways and worse places to celebrate a birthday!
Without detracting from the present, but the thought did hit me - "What adventure awaits this day next year! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wahlen goes blogging....