Friday, 03 June 2011

First day

The first day in Dubai is about to end. Since I got to my room at 4.00 am I over slept breakfast. Took a stoll around the hotel to check it out. Roof top pool and a nice gym and downstairs a number of restaurants. Inbetween 693 rooms.
Visited the tour company in the lobby, which resulted in a desert tour later in the afternoon and evening. After a small brunch from the coffeeshop I met another man that really new how to sell things to do. And all I wanted to do is ask if there was something in the area to have a look at. Now most of my days are "fully booked"...
He suggeested I got to a local market for a few hours beofre it was time to go to the desert. He put me in a taxi and off I went. A short ride later the driver dropped me off at an area that looked rather closed and empty. Hey, it is midday Friday... Everyone is at the Mosque.
Well - I took a small stroll back to the hotel. It wasn't too far, but when it's 45° and mid day - even a short walk is hard...

When I got back I went to the gym and believe it or not - amongst other things I did - I ran!!! I can't run!! but I did!!

A shower and an hours wait in the lobby later the car was here to pick up for the desert safari tour. Four of us from our hotel and three already in the car made it packed. It was a rather disorganized tour with a driver that didn't spoke to us, not even answered questions. Well well, after some stops and wonderings what was going on we found our selfs rollercoasting on the dunes in a 4x4... That was pretty cool.
The tour ended at a camp where you could go camel riding, quad biking and sand boarding. I didn't do any. I went to the bar and had oads of water!!!
A bit later we got food and entertainment sitting in the dark desert. It was nice and cool. Strange how you can say it's cool when the temperature is still over 30. =)

I think I will find sand in all my things for days to come...


Have a look at some pix here: https://picasaweb.google.com/carwahl/Dubai2011

1 comment:

trish said...

Sounds amazing x

Post a Comment

Wahlen goes blogging....