Tuesday, 07 June 2011

Wahlen has stranded

Shortly before estimated arrival time we hit the ground at a sunny, 19 ° Stockholm Arlanda ... The flight went smooth - as soon as we left the ground and the seat belt sign was switched off (but for your own safty we recommend you to keep your seat belt fastened while seated) ... I stretched out on the four seats I was happy to get even on this flight ... In under the blanket, and yep, the seat belt also, clearly visible to the staff. ;)
Then I stayed there until they said it was time for landing, more than five hours later. So I can not complain of the sleep I got. Maybe not the absolute best, but one of the better aboard a flight anyway. For departure I was very tempted to pinch one of the blanket. Qatar Airways strikes at large and offers its guests very nice fleese blankets. But I couldn't take one, and why should I, do I really need it? As if I didn't have enough blankets as it is.

The way out went smooth too, even though I for a couple of seconds was sorry that I got in the wrong queue at passport control. Of course I would end up in the same queue as a "suspicious" black man ... and of course the only reason for him being "suspicious" was that very reason - because he was black... *sigh* He had his papers ready and in he went, and right behind him was I. The baggage was already on the carusell and out came my little flattened bag.

After an airport bathroom facelift I'm now sitting here waiting for my best colleague to come pick me up and take us to a conference call and subsequent meeting ... Well, here reality hits hard ... but first we'll get some nice breakfast!

It may have been a hasty decision, but certainly not a bad decision. I've had a wonderful weekend with good and much needed rest. If I look back I would probably have taken one of my trips out or rearranged the schedule a bit, but this is how it turned out and I am more than happy with what I got. Above all, I am pleased with myself that actually threw me into the adventure ... it's probably not for the last time! Look out - suddenly, it happens - and I'm back here with new adventures.

Thank you for following and a special thanks for all greetings, SMS, etc. on my birthday ... What a fab day I got! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wahlen goes blogging....